Taubmans has embraced the notion of bringing the outside in, announcing its 2019 Colour of the Year as Night Watch.
Taubmans is predicting this particular shade of forest green to be the hot new hue next year, lending itself perfectly to introducing nature inside the home. This chic, timeless and sophisticated colour can be used to create balanced and harmonic spaces, and is a natural progression from the pink palletes that have proved so popular.
Encompassing the tones of a dense tropical jungle, Night Watch is chic, effortlessly timeless, and destined to be a favourite in both the home and workplace, given society’s urge to reconnect with nature in today’s tumultuous world.
“Green is a colour we will be seeing so much more of in 2019, from forest to sea foam and all tints and shades in between,” says Taubmans colour consultant, Grace Garrett, who sees nature-inspired tones playing a huge part in home trends in 2019.
Taubmans’ Night Watch brings the healing power of the outdoors inside your home, creating a modern yet comfortable space.
Cherie Barber says,“It makes perfect sense that we are seeking to bring the calmness and soothing power of Night Watch into our decor, given the trend to bring the outdoors in. “From a psychological perspective, green creates an equilibrium between the head and the heart, perfect to establish a space that encompasses balance and harmony.”
Styling your attic space
Attics do have a special charm and warmth, however they are often awkward shaped spaces with difficult access angles. The arrangement of this space can brings challenges, so you must take the time to design your attic conversion carefully and don’t leave out the elements you need to make it comfortable.
1. Assess your space. Measure every available nook and cranny in your attic space — really, don’t leave anythingout. There are many ways to work with low eaves, small nooks and narrow passages.
2. Under the Eaves – use the slope of the roof of the attic roof to your advantage. A bed tucked under the eaves or a semi-built in desk under the eaves makes for a charming space.
3. Increase storage with a built-in bed –A comfy little bed nook becomes even more functional when you add slim bedside shelving plus storage at the foot and under the bed.
4. Maximize space and light with white – To make the space feel bright and spacious, white paint on the ceilings and walls in an attic can be just the thing to open up the space. Finding the right paint shade is key.
5. Working with walls – Clever division of space is also key to a clever attic design. A dividing wall creates space for an en-suite and storage, while tongue-and-groove panelling can make the ceiling look higher.
6. Attic Stairs – Finding the right staircase for an attic conversion is fundamental in both an aesthetic and a practical sense. The aim should be a continuation of the architectural style of the house.
Keep your styling patterns simple, whether graphic or traditional so it doesn’t overwhelm the space.
Get in touch with an attic expert at Attic Group for a free consultation and quote – we can solve your storage problems. Merry Christmas and a Happy Clutter Free 2019 from the Attic Group! Book a consultation now or call 1300 655 525.