Attic Living Space Conversion
If you love your home, your street and your neighbourhood and have run out space, the answer may be right above you!
With up to 30% of the space in your home in your unused roof space - a smart option is to undertake an attic conversion complete with internal stairs. What you lose in some space for the staircase, you gain back in a bedroom, living room, even an extra bathroom. You get to stay where you are, in the home you love - but with additional space for your growing family needs.
It all starts with an obligation-free consultation with an Attic Group roof conversion specialist. Click here to read the stories of our customers who had a free consultation with us.
Attic Conversion vs Moving
So, what are the pros and cons of both scenarios? If you are able to find a property that you like and the location works for you in terms of schools, friends, family and local amenities - then that is great news. However if you love your neighborhood and want to stay the extra cost for a house with additional bedroom and/or living space can add a significant amount to the asking price, and you also need to consider the cost of Stamp Duty and other fees.
An attic conversion including internal stairs starts from $80,000 and a solution can be tailored by your conversion team to meet your budget versus space requirements. The major benefit is being able to stay in the property and location you love and to be able to design a space for your exact needs.
An additional advantage of an attic conversion is that you keep your precious open space as it does not add additional footprint to your home.
How does the process work?
An attic conversion starts with a thorough assessment of your roof space by your Attic Group consultant. We discuss with you your requirements and take measurements of the space, noting any obstructions or special features of the home. We also help you identify local council regulations. Generally if you can see other people on your street have undertaken extensions or conversions, you are more likely to get this through your local council process.
The next step is architects drawings. Attic Group works with a number of specialist architects and structural engineers in this area or you can use you own architect if you prefer. Once you have drawings ready, we then help you submit to council for approval. Once approved, we can start the construction phase.
You can take a look at our full roof conversion process here
Do You have any references?
We have many satisfied clients that have spoken on video or written testimonials commending our work. You can watch testimonial videos above and also view photos in our roof conversion portfolio below. Also visit our Attic Living testimonial s page.
Attic Group is award-winning and has completed over 40,000 conversions and attic storage projects since 1975. There is no type of roof space we haven't seen! We are also members of the Master Builders Association, HIA and the Skylights Industry Association. You will find our Builder’s License numbers at the bottom website, above the logo.
By booking an obligation-free consultation you can chat through ideas with one of our specialists. You are also welcome to visit one of our showrooms to discuss options with us and to take a look at our Attic Conversion Project Display Books for ideas and inspiration.
We look forward to helping you create more space in your home.
Roof Conversion process
From concept to completion, we make it easy.
A roof space conversion or a first floor addition is a cost-effective option to create more space in your existing home whilst adding additional value to your property.
Our award winning attic conversion division is the expert in creating a new living area, bedroom, bathroom or study from your dark and dusty attic space.
Attic Living looks after all aspects of the planning and construction process, we provide a clear process and pride ourselves on the flexibility, helpfulness and communication skills of our consultants, supervisors and build teams.
We understand that we are working in your home and therefore we make every effort to minimise disruption, noise and mess.
With attic conversions starting from $80,000 a spacious home is now within reach.
- Initial Contact and Indicative Pricing. After you book your obligation-free consultation, you will receive a call from our specialist team to discuss your requirements.
- Concept Drawings. When the drawings are finalised, your consultant will ask you to approve and make any amendments. If you would like to proceed, we will sit with you to develop a specification for the project to match the drawings and your particular plans for your space.
- We will then draw up your contracts and get a certificate of Home Owners Warranty insurance, return to you and take you through any questions that you might have.
- Getting Started on the Project. Once your contract has been accepted by us, the designer and your consultant will draw up a complete set of plans for you and complete a Development Application for you to sign.
- Building Commences. Our building supervisor will liaise with on start date and will be present at the start of your job for a site induction with our build team
- Job Completion. The supervisor will meet with you and fill out a completion certificate which you will be asked to sign. Your copy of the completion certificate should be stored with your copy of the contract.
Attic Living Testimonials
The Attic Group's Living division are the experts in delivering attic and roof conversions and first floor additions.
Our customers love the results and how it changes their lifestyles and homes. They also love how it increases the value of their home in many cases above and beyond what they invest in the conversion.